If you’re looking for a super simple breakfast idea, this is it!
For a new spin on your traditional French toast, try this recipe for Banana Bread French toast!
Banana bread French toast is so simple to make and it’s a great way to use up any leftover banana bread you may have in the house. You also might want to reserve a whole loaf of banana bread to make this since it’s so good!
Banana bread French toast is made the same way that you would typical French toast but it tastes like something gourmet and absolutely spectacular!
All you have to do is mix up your eggs, milk, vanilla and a little bit of cinnamon and then quickly dip slices of banana bread into it. Drop each slice onto a hot frying pan and cook for a couple minutes on each side and they’re ready to eat.
I served these banana bread French toast slices with some delicious fresh slices of strawberries. The strawberries tasted so perfect with this!
I asked my son Donnie if he’d like to eat some French toast for breakfast. He just shook his head and said “Noooooo”.
Then I figured maybe I could use some different wording to entice him.
Once I rebranded this version of French toast as “banana breakfast cake” he was all over it and wanted more and more! LOL
Honestly, we all couldn’t get enough of it!
Please find the recipe below! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Banana Bread French Toast
- Yield: Enough to make 1 loaf of banana bread French toast
- 1 loaf of banana bread, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- Heat up a little bit of vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a mixing bowl using a whisk.
- Once the pan has heated up enough, quickly dip a couple slices of banana bread into the egg and milk mixture and quickly lay them in the pan.
- Cook the banana bread for 2 to 3 minutes on one side and then flip over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. The banana bread should have a nice golden brown colour but be careful not to burn it. If you need to, turn down the heat if the banana bread looks too dark.
- Continue this process with the rest of the slices of banana bread and milk mixture until finished.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, fruit, syrup or any other toppings that you like to have with your French toast.
It's important to dip the banana bread very quickly into the egg and milk mixture since the banana bread may be fragile. You do not need to soak the banana bread – just a quick dip into the mixture is all that's needed.
- Category: Breakfast