- 1 loaf of banana bread, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- Heat up a little bit of vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a mixing bowl using a whisk.
- Once the pan has heated up enough, quickly dip a couple slices of banana bread into the egg and milk mixture and quickly lay them in the pan.
- Cook the banana bread for 2 to 3 minutes on one side and then flip over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. The banana bread should have a nice golden brown colour but be careful not to burn it. If you need to, turn down the heat if the banana bread looks too dark.
- Continue this process with the rest of the slices of banana bread and milk mixture until finished.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, fruit, syrup or any other toppings that you like to have with your French toast.
It’s important to dip the banana bread very quickly into the egg and milk mixture since the banana bread may be fragile. You do not need to soak the banana bread – just a quick dip into the mixture is all that’s needed.
- Category: Breakfast