Todays recipe is proof that simple ingredients can create something absolutely scrumptious. This super easy recipe for honey mustard chicken is amazingly flavourful with its combination of spices along with sticky sweet honey and tangy mustard.
This is one recipe I'm confident will go into regular rotation in your house for sure! 🙂
This is the kind of recipe you can prep ahead of time and just throw in the oven when you're ready to get started. Although it's not required in order to reach peak scrumptiousness, sometimes I like to combine all the ingredients in a zip lock bag and marinate the chicken over night – doing this gives the flavour more depth.
If you're want to make these tasty honey mustard chicken breasts right away though, you don't have to wait for them to marinate over night – the flavour will still pack a a super yummy punch. 🙂
What gives this chicken recipe such delicious flavour is it's combination of equal parts honey and mustard, along with garlic powder, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and… smoked paprika! 🙂
The smoked paprika in the recipe gives that irresistible velvety sauce an added dimension. It's also the important little ingredient that makes the color of the sauce so vivid.
If you are a sauce lover (like me!) you might want to double the ingredients for the spices, honey and mustard. It works out amazingly drizzled over top of a side of rice and veggies. We enjoy having some extra sauce on the side to dunk little bites of our chicken into.
While this is baking in the oven your kitchen is going to smell so so good!
Don't forget to spoon some of the sauce over top of the chicken part way through cooking so the chicken gets nice and golden and sticky on top. ?Print
- 7 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup mustard
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a rectangular glass backing dish (mine is 9″x13″) with a little cooking oil so the chicken doesn't stick when baking.
- Combine all honey, mustard, paprika, parsley, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Using paper towel, pat the chicken breasts to remove any excess moisture from the surface.
- Place the chicken breasts into the glass baking dish and pour the honey mustard sauce over top of each piece.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and spoon some of the sauce from inside the dish over the tops of your chicken.
- Place the dish of chicken back into the oven and set it to broil for about 5 minutes. This will thicken up the sauce a bit and give the chicken a nice golden colour on top.
- Serve honey mustard chicken breasts with a side of rice and veggies or whatever you prefer. 🙂
For even more depth of flavour try marinating the chicken in the sauce ingredients overnight.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
Keywords: easy chicken breast recipe, family favorite, sticky honey mustard chicken, chicken bake