This recipe is sponsored by Hershey – All opinions are my own.
The Christmas and holiday season is here!
I just love this time of year and all the festivities that go with it. Spending time with the family, watching classic Christmas movies and baking some delicious Holiday treats are some of my favorite ways to celebrate.
This time of year can become very hectic, especially with everything that gets piled onto our to-do lists. Sometimes I don’t know how I keep up with everything! lol I’m sure you know from experience – right?! 😉
Well, with this busy season in mind, I’ve put together a delicious dessert recipe that’s so simple and easy to make that not only will you save time, you’ll also impress friends and family with your creation!
In this post, I’ll share with you how to make these amazing 7 Layer Magic Bars right at home. 😀
Seriously though, when I say this is an easy recipe you better believe it! 🙂
One of the reasons these are called “Magic Bars” is because of the wonderful way that each of the simple ingredients come together to form a spectacular treat.
To make this dessert, I started by combining graham cracker crumbs with some melted butter to make a crust on the bottom of the baking pan. Then, over the crust, I poured some sweetened condensed milk.
Now here’s where things get magical…
Sprinkle the bottom layers with some Hershey's Chipits Chocolate Chips and the remaining ingredients. I used marshmallows, pecans, coconut flakes and also some Hershey's Chipits Butterscotch Chips. YUM YUM!
I just love how many different varieties of Chipits are available from Hershey – but I especially ADORE the good ol' fashioned classic chocolate chip – it's a must in my baking – especially during the Holidays! 🙂
If you're a chocolate chip lover like me, you might even want to add more Hershey's Chipits!
After all those delicious layers are added to the pan, pop it into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. While it bakes, everything will “magically” come together in the yummiest way possible.
Once this magnificent thing comes out of the oven, let it cool for a little while before chilling in the fridge.
Cut these into bite (ok, maybe more like a big bite) sized pieces and serve. Guests will LOVE them! 🙂
Now, you've got an awesome treat with very little effort!
How do you get your #BakeOn with Hershey's Chipits?
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment in the section below the recipe!Print
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Hershey's Chipits Chocolate Chips (I used the semi-sweet variety)
- 1 cup Hershey's Chipits Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9″x13″ metal baking pan with parchment paper – make sure that the paper overhangs from the edges by an inch or so (this makes it easier to lift the squares out of the pan when they're completely done).
- Combine the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Using your fingers press the graham cracker crumb/butter mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking pan. Make sure that the mixture is evenly covering the bottom of the pan. You can use the bottom of a coffee mug or measuring cup to pack it down.
- Carefully spread the sweetened condensed milk over the graham crumb layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the Hershey's Chipits Butterscotch Chips over the sweetened condensed milk.
- Next, sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly.
- Next, sprinkle 3/4 of the Hershey's Chipits Chocolate Chips.
- Even top this with the mini marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top, then the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes – the coconut should be slightly golden and toasted.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, then place in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour – this helps everything set.
- CAREFULLY lift the squares up and out of the pan by holding the edges of the overhanging parchment paper.
- Cut the into 30 small rectangles. Serve!
If you plan on storing these in the fridge or freezer, I recommend using squares of wax paper to keep them from sticking together. You could also use cupcake liners. 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert