I love a good banana bread recipe and this is one I'm certainly proud of. I'm a huge fan of chocolate so I love to add it to a variety of different recipes and see how it turns out.
Let me just say…
Chocolate + Banana Bread = OMG delicious!
When I was growing up I never really enjoyed bananas all that much but boy Oh boy did I ever enjoy banana bread! It's funny how kids can be picky sometimes, eh? If you gave me banana bread I would eat it all up! I still do! lol
The inside of this chocolate banana bread is deliciously moist and chocolatey and it tastes absolutely amazing. My son loved this and kept asking for more. It's hard to limit how much of the banana bread he gets if I even have a hard time resisting! lol
One of the secrets to this awesome banana bread recipe is that once it comes out of the oven and has cooled is to wrap it up in plastic wrap and set it in the fridge overnight.
Yes, that's right. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until the next day to taste some but trust me on this – the wait is worth it! As the banana bread chills overnight something happens to make the flavours marry together and become something fantastic!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 oz semi-sweet Bakers chocolate
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients. Use a whisk to make sure everything is well incorperated.
- Melt 4oz chocolate along with the butter in a glass bowl. You can do this easily in the microwave by setting it on medium power for 1 minute. Take the chocolate and butter out and stir together with a spoon until combined. As you stir the warm warm butter will gradually melt the chocolate pieces. Don't overdo it with the time in the microwave since you don't want the chocolate to burn. If there is still some chocolate that hasn't melted you can put it back in the microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Once chocolate/butter is melted combine with the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined add the eggs and continue to stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Take 1/3 of the chocolate chips and pour them into the batter. Fold them in so they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into a well greased loaf pan and top evenly with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Once finished cool on a wire rack (while still in the pan).
- Once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight. The flavours will be so worth the wait!