Well hello there! Fancy meeting you here! 😉
After a whirlwind of a year and taking some time off from blogging to focus on my family (complicated, emotional story but that's for another time), I'm back!
Did ya miss me? I certainly missed you guys! <3
And the good news is I'm back with some absolutely irresistible triple chocolate cookies… and I'm warning you…
these may just be the best cookies I've ever made – no joke! <3
This recipe makes for some super moist and chewy oh so yummy cookies with 3 different types of chocolate. White chocolate chips along with semi sweet chocolate chips are the perfect buddies to go with the rich velvety cookie dough this magical recipe creates. 😀
You guys deserve it!
These cookies were so popular amongst family that I did a cookie making marathon. I believe the cookie count was at 64 total? lol
Yes, I made a lot of cookies this summer… 😀
They're super easy to make so feel free to try making more than I did!
If you do, please take a pic so I can see your mountains of cookies! I just love seeing when you guys make my recipes at home! <3Print
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3/4 cup Demerara style brown sugar (regular brown sugar is fine too – Demerara creates a richer flavoured cookie)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Make the dough:
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. It should be well combined and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla and mix. It should look creamy once combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, baking soda and cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Gently mix in the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before baking.
To Bake the cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using your hands form the dough into 1 inch balls. Work quickly to avoid warming up the dough too much – you want to make sure the dough is still relatively cold when you put them into the over. Don't over touch the dough (if mistakes happen and the dough gets sticky or too warm, just throw them back in the fridge for a bit before baking).
- Place dough balls evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure to leave plenty of space between each (like 1-2″ space). You need to leave enough room for your cookies to expand. (You may have to bake the cookies in little batches and that's ok! Got to leave room!)
- Place into the oven to bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- After about 10 minutes, place the cookies on a wire rack to continue to cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking