My sister made this delicious dip for me when I was visiting her in New Brunswick. It's incredibly good and so simple to put together. She wilted the spinach in some garlic butter that we had left over from making garlic bread and it turned out absolutely fantastic!
We cut up some naan bread into triangles for dipping but you could have it with anything really – chips, pita bread or veggies would work well. It would also make an excellent spread for a different flavor on sandwiches!
Please see below for the recipe!
- aprox. 1/2 of an 11oz container of baby spinach (you can use however much you like really)
- 1 1/2 cup of mayo (works best with real mayo like Hellmann's)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of aprox. 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- about 1 tbsp and a little more of melted garlic butter
- Heat the garlic butter in a pot until sizzling slightly and then turn down the heat. Don't let the garlic turn brown.
- Wilt the spinach in the garlic butter until the leaves are a nice deep green color and soft. This will only take a couple minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the wilted spinach. Make sure you use a spatula to get all that lovely garlic butter out of the pan and into the dip. Stir the ingredients until well combined and set in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Once the dip is chilled it will thicken up a bit. Give it a little stir and its ready to serve for dipping pita bread, veggies or as a sandwich spread.