I remember vividly the first time I tried Singapore noodles… it was like the heavens opened up and gifted me with something incredible… from the first bite I was hooked and it became one of my most favourite dishes to order.
Now, I make it at home and have it as much as I like.. and it's less expensive that way too! 🙂
There's just something so spectacular about those tasty little vermicelli noodles combined with the warmth of ginger, garlic and curry – especially along with juicy pieces of shrimp, it makes for a perfectly satisfying comfort food. ?
I love how versatile the recipe is as well, since you can also make it using pretty much any protein you like – my choice is usually shrimp or scallops, but you can make it with slices of chicken, or bbq pork.
To help make this super easy to prepare, I like to use a bag of pre-cut coleslaw mix for the veggies – it works perfectly since it has strips of carrot, cabbage and other yummy goodies. If you prefer, you're definitely welcome to chop up some cabbage and carrots but I find using pre-cut veggies to be a real time saver. 🙂
Another awesome thing about the recipe is that it's super easy to make. Just make sure you have all your ingredients gathered and ready to go before you get cooking and it will be ready to devour in about 30 minutes! ?
This is truly one of my favourite noodle recipes so I hope you enjoy it!Print
Stir Fried Singapore Noodles
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 large servings 1x
- peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 14 oz bag of pre-cut coleslaw mix
- 6 green onions, chopped (separate the white and green parts)
- 500g Vermicelli noodles (cooked according to package directions and set aside – do not overcook)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2/3 cup of water
- Before beginning, please gather all your ingredients to have them ready.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce and set aside until needed.
- In a large wok or pan, heat a little peanut oil in medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for a couple minutes while stirring.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until they're pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same wok/pan, pour in the beaten eggs and cook. You may need to add a little more peanut oil to the pan before adding the egg. Stir around the eggs until they're fluffy and come together. Once cooked remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more peanut oil to the pan/wok. Add the white parts of the green onions and cook for a couple minutes until softened.
- Add coleslaw mix and red pepper slices. Cook this until slightly softened, then turn the heat down.
- To the pan, add the cooked Vermicelli noodles and the sauce mix. Using tongs combine so that the sauce is coating everything in the wok.
- Next add the shrimp and cooked eggs which were set aside previously. Gently combine these with the noodles. Turn the heat off and allow the noodles to soak up the sauce and the flavours to develop for a couple minutes before serving.
- Before serving, garnish with green parts of the green onions. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: singapore noodles with shrimp, stir fry