This is a recipe I’ve been planning to make for quite a while now and I’m excited to finally post it!
Today’s recipe, is for a cookie pizza.
This is not just any cookie pizza…
S’mores cookie pizza!
This cookie pizza is a fun and different way to serve dessert and the whole family will love!
In addition to being super fun to eat, this recipe is fun to make and with some adult supervision kids can make it too. 🙂
The crust is made up of crushed graham cracker crumbs and the toppings are made from delicious melted marshmallows and a little bit cream. On top of that, some tasty unsweetened dark chocolate shavings are sprinkled on top.
The recipe is quite simple to follow. Basically all you have to do is bake the crust first, and then spread the melted marshmallows on top, sprinkle some chocolate and then pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes on the broiler setting.
Putting the pizza back in the oven to bake under the broiler setting will give the marshmallow topping a nice golden colour like you get if you are roasting marshmallows at a campfire!
Just be sure that you keep a close eye on your cookie pizza when under the broiler – it will only need a couple minutes.
This cookie pizza is delicious served warm but it’s also great at room temperature.
The marshmallow topping is so good in this recipe since it stays gooey!
The toppings really reminds me of the marshmallow filling that you can get inside some of those Easter or Christmas time marshmallow treats. So Good!!
This would be a great treat for a kid’s party or as something special for when you’re having company. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 + 2 Tbsps butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsps heavy cream
- 2 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped (I like a variety of tiny chunks, chocolate dust and big chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a whisk, combine the sugar with the graham cracker crumbs in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs and sugar mixture and combine. The crumbs should be moistened, but everything should still be crumbly.
- Into a 12″ pizza pan (ungreased), press down the graham cracker crumbs evenly.
- I like to use a heavy flat bottomed measuring measuring cup to make sure the crumbs are packed down well.
- Place this into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove promptly from the oven once 15 minutes has elapsed.
- In a heat proof dish or mixing bowl add the marshmallows and cream. Give it a little stir so the cream coats some of the marshmallows.
- Melt the contents of the heat proof dish in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take it out and give it a stir. The marshmallows will rise up when they start to melt. Push it down and quickly stir. If it needs more time in the microwave to melt, try 30 seconds at a time and then check.
- Once the marshmallows and cream have melted together, WORK QUICKLY spreading the mixture on top of the graham cracker crust, leaving about and inch of space around the edges.
- Use a spatula to spread the marshmallow topping.
- Next sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the marshmallow topping.
- Turn on your broiler in the oven and place the cookie pizza inside for 2-3 minutes. You only need enough time to lightly brown the marshmallow. Make sure you keep a close eye one it!
- Take the pizza out of the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Slice into pieces like a pizza and serve warm.
If you would prefer, you can substitute the dark chocolate for semi-sweet or even milk chocolate if you like. Personally I prefer to use the unsweetened chocolate since it complements the sweetness of the marshmallow topping very well without becoming overly sweet.
- Category: Dessert