- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 –1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, brown up the ground beef.
- Once browned, drain any excess fat.
- Put the cooked ground beef into the slow cooker.
- In a measuring cup or mixing bowl, combine all of the other ingredients, including onion and garlic. Combine this well so everything is combined.
- Pour the sauce over the ground beef in the slow cooker and stir it around to coat everything.
- Set the slow cooker to cook for 5 hours on LOW.
- Once finished, stir the meat and sauce around.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.