There's nothing I love more than feeling all comfy cozy wrapped up in my fuzzy blankets while it's snowing outside.
You know what makes a moment like that even better right?
Having a great big bowl of the creamiest, most comforting tomato tortellini soup will do the trick!
This amazingly delicious and hearty soup is filled with so much yummy goodness you'll be craving it all the time. No joke! 🙂
It's got everything your tummy and taste buds need to feel all comfy and cozy! Oh and did I mention, it's crazy easy to make? 😀
For this soup, I started by browning some ground Italian sausage. Then I added chicken stock, a can of diced tomatoes, some Campbell's tomato soup, a bay leaf and some Italian seasoning.
Cook on low for 6 hours in the slow cooker, then stir in that irresistible herb and garlic cream cheese and add the tortellini. Cook for 15 and you're done!
See? Simple simple right? 😀
Now, grab a bowl of that oh so delicious and creamy soup, sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese on top. We also love having some day old crusty bread with this soup… OMG sooooooo good!
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 Servings 1x
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (mild or hot – whatever your preference)
- 6 cups chicken broth (I used some homemade broth I had on hand in the freezer but you can use store bought if you like)
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes (reduced salt)
- 2 (10 oz) cans herb tomato soup – I used Campbell's Harvest Tomato with Basil
- 2 (8 oz) packages of herb & garlic cream cheese, softened – I used Philadelphia Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
- 1 lb package fresh refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Optional: Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish and extra yumminess!
- Optional: Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Begin by browning the Italian sausage in your frying pan or slow cooker (one with a browning or saute function). Cook 10 minutes or so – until the sausage is cooked through and no longer pink.
- If browning your sausage in a frying pan, empty the contents of the pan into the slow cooker. Drippings and all – you want all those tasty bits from the pan! 🙂 If browning in your slow cooker, just continue to the next step.
- Add the Italian seasoning, bay leaf, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours (or High 4 hours).
- Add cream cheese and stir well to combine. Add Tortellini and stir. Cover and cook on High for 15 – 20 minutes or until tortellini has cooked.
- Serve with crusty bread and garnish with sprinkles of Parmesan cheese and parsley if you like! 😀
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
- Cook Time: 6 Hours 15 Minutes
- Method: Slow Cooker