- 4 carrots, sliced in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1” fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Pinch of ground sage
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 5 – 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped thai basil
- 1/2 lb of frozen cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp – thawed and tails removed
- 1/4 –1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups enoki mushrooms (you can substitute this for bean sprouts)
- 2/3 of a pack of vermicelli rice noodles (we used a 350g pack) – prepared according to package directions
- Small amount of cooking oil
- Heat a small amount of cooking oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic to the oil and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric, curry powder and sage. Stir to combine.
- Add onions and button mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until onions become softened.
- Add the carrots, green pepper and snow peas. Stir to coat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and shrimp. Combine.
- Turn the heat down to LOW and add the cooked rice noodles. Stir to coat all the noodles in the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add the enoki mushrooms or bean sprouts.
- Serve right away.
- Category: Main