- 28 oz canned chick peas, drained and rinced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (I used the kind that’s packed in oil since it’s most convenient)
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (adjust amount depending on what kind of texture you’d prefer)
- Into a food processor add all ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Pulse the ingredients until they start to combine. If you need to, open the processor and push the contents of the container down with a spatula so everything combines.
- With the cover replaced and through the small opening on the top of the processor, slowly pour in the olive oil while pulsing/processing until you reach the desired consistency.
Please keep in mind that if your roasted red peppers have a lot of oil in them from the packaging you may not need to use as much olive oil in the recipe. If you use roasted red peppers that have NOT been packed in oil, you’ll need to use extra olive oil. Feel free to adjust the amounts of olive oil or even red peppers to best suit your taste. The more oil you use the smoother the texture. 😀
- Category: Appetizer