- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 (8 oz) packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups pure pumpkin (You can use canned or fresh – Click here to see how to make homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 tsp all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Note: If you’d like a thicker crust you can double this.
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch flavored baking chips (I used Chipits brand)
- 3 tbsps butter
- 3 tbsps milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9″-10″ inch spring form pan.
To make the Crust:
- Using a food processor or by hand with a pastry cutter, combine the ingredients for the crust.
- Pack the crust ingredients evenly into the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup or other flat bottomed cup. Make sure you also press some of the crust so it’s on the sides of the pan (It doesn’t have to go all the way up – 1/2 way should be good.)
- Place the crust into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven once done and cool.
- In a small bowl, using a whisk, combine the brown sugar with the pumpkin spice and cinnamon and set aside. Make sure that everything is well combined.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese with the brown sugar and pumpkin spice mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla and the flour to the mixing bowl and continue mixing until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust you prepared before.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture and make sure it’s even.
- Place in the oven to bake for 60 minutes.
- Once the cake has finished baking set on a wire cooling rack (still in the pan) to cool to room temperature. Once it has reached room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill overnight in the fridge. IMPORTANT: As with any cheesecake, please allow it to cool all the way to room temperature before placing in the fridge to chill. Placing it in the fridge too soon may create cracks on its surface.
- Once the cake has chilled overnight, remove the sides from the pan, drizzle with butterscotch topping and serve.
To make the Butterscotch Drizzle:
- Combine the drizzle ingredients in a microwave safe measuring cup and melt together on 30 second increments, stirring each time. Use a spoon to drizzle the butterscotch over the cake. It’s important to do the drizzle why the mixture is still hot so that it will pour easily.
- Category: Dessert