These delicious breaded pork chops smothered in mushroom gravy are so easy to make and are addictive!
This recipe for mushroom gravy pork chops is another one of those recipes that my little family can't get enough of. I always make sure that I make enough so there's plenty for another helping or for leftovers.
The chops are lightly breaded in Italian style bread crumbs and browned up in the pan then baked in the oven along with a special mushroom gravy made from condensed mushroom soup. The flavor of these pork chops are excellent and they go great with veggies and anything from mashed potatoes to rice or even with broad egg noodles.
My son, who's a picky eater loves these chops!
Mushroom Gravy Smothered Pork Chops
- 6–8 large pork chops, bone in
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp of ground sage (I usually don't measure this out – I just go by taste)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 (10oz) cans reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Season the pork chops with sage and ground pepper.
- Coat the chops with the bread crumbs making sure that all sides are covered.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough (Med. Heat) fry up the chops so that they are browned on each side.
- Once browned lay the pork chops on a baking sheet lined with a couple layers of paper towel to help remove any excess fat.
- Once they have all been browned and set on the paper towel lay them in a large rectangular baking dish or casserole dish. It's fine if the pork chops overlap some.
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl combine the condensed soup with the milk. Make sure it's well combined.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chops.
- Bake the chops in the oven covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.