- 6 oz. Italian Style Mozzarella (The kind that’s in the shape of a ball), sliced
- 8 slices of bread
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Canola oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a large deep pan OR preheat your deep fryer to 375°F.
- In separate shallow dishes or plates, place the flour, 2 beaten eggs and bread crumbs. Each should be on separate plates so you’re ready to dredge and coat the sandwiches.
- Cut the crusts off the bread. In between 2 slices of bread, place slices of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do this until there are 4 sandwiches.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each sandwich down a bit so that the mozzarella and bread stick together. Next, cut each sandwich into a triangle.
- One by one, dredge each sandwich in flour, then the beaten eggs, and then into the bread crumbs. Make sure all surfaces are coated in bread crumbs. Set on a plate until ready to fry.
- Fry 2 sandwich triangles at a time in your deep fryer or in your pot of hot oil. Fry each sandwich for about 5 minutes or until golden. If frying in a pot, make sure to flip the sandwiches so both sides are crisp.
- When you remove the sandwiches from the fryer, place them on top of a wire rack over a baking sheet. I find this helps keep them nice and crisp while frying the other ones.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce or other tomato sauce.
- Category: Lunch, Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired