- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 1/2 tsp mint/peppermint extract
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate – I used blocks of bakers chocolate and chopped it up – this creates a awesome texture for the ice cream
- 2 drops green food colouring (I used Americolor Gel Paste in Leaf Green – you can use what you like though)
- Fresh mint leaves – for garnish
- Cream together the cream cheese with the sugar. Try to work out most of the lumps so it’s smooth. You can do this by hand or use an electric mixer if you like.
- Add the food colouring, mint extract and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Add the milk and cream and combine.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and make according to manufacturers directions. The ice cream should be ready for the next step in 25-30 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of churning, add the chocolate and continue to mix for a couple minutes.
- Put the ice cream mixture into an air tight container (or into a metal loaf pan covered with parchment paper like I do) and freeze for at least a few hours (or overnight) before serving.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves on top as a garnish – enjoy!
Put a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream on top of a warm chocolate brownie and serve – whoever you give this to will love you forever! ??
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes in the Ice Cream maker + a couple hours to chill before serving
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Ice Cream Maker