- 1 lb mushrooms, cleaned and left whole
- 2 small onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 oz marinated artichoke hearts, plus 2 tbsp of the oil from the jar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine the marinade ingredients in the container or dish you plan to store the mushrooms before serving.
- In a saucepan cook the onion slices in oil on medium heat until translucent.
- Add water and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft and cooked and the water is reduced.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked, add the contents of the saucepan to the marinade and combine well.
- Place the container in the fridge and marinade for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavours to develop. Keep in mind that the longer the mushrooms marinade before serving the better the flavour.
- Serve as a side or appetizer with crackers or crusty toasted slices of bread.
- Category: Appetizer