- 5 lb whole chicken
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken covering top and legs.
- Using a small grater or zester, zest the entire lemon over the top of the chicken being sure to let there’s some on the breast and legs of the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with the lemon. Just put the whole lemon right into the cavity of the chicken.
- Sprinkle rosemary, thyme and garlic over the surface of the chicken.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour 45 minutes until golden on top. Also be sure to check on the chicken a few times throughout cooking to baste.