- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cups beef stock (use homemade if you have it but store bought is great too)
- 2/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 340 g package of broad egg noodle pasta (I use No Yolks kind)
- Brown beef in a skillet. Drain any fat and remove from the pan. Set aside until needed (I put mine in a bowl lined with paper towel to get any additional fat left over)
- Add butter to the skillet and cook sliced onion and mushrooms over medium heat until softened and onions begin to brown a bit.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the cooked ground beef back into the skillet and combine.
- Add beef stock, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the flour 1 tbsp at a time making sure to avoid leaving any lumps.
- Bring the mixture in the skillet to a boil. Turn down the heat to minimum and whisk in the Greek yogurt and allow the mixture to thicken up.
- Cook your noodles to the package directions, make sure they’re well drained and then add them to the skillet. Make sure the noodles are coated well.
- You can now turn off the heat on the burner and place a lid on the skillet. Leave it on the burner for a few minutes with the lid on so the noodles soak in that yummy sauce.