- 2 10″x10″ sheets of puff pastry (homemade or store bought)
- 3/4 cup of your choice for filling (I used strawberry jam)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp of whole milk or cream (is using cream you may need to add a little more than 1/2 tbsp)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out each sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut each sheet in 6 rectangles – you should have 12 in total, roughly the same size.
- Onto 6 of the rectangles spoon some of your filling. Make sure that the filling is about 1/2″ away from the sides.
- Wet your index finger lightly with a little water (you only need a small amount of water).
- Run your wet finger along the edges of each rectangle (only the ones you put the filling on).
- Then place the other 6 rectangles over each of the ones with the filling.
- Using your fingers press down the sides to make sure the strudels are sealed.
- Using a fork, you can press down the edges again.
- Once each of the strudels are sealed, place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
To make the icing:
- Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and cream (or whole milk) using a fork or a small whisk.
- Once strudels have come out of the oven and have cooled, drizzle the tops with the icing.
If you plan to freeze these after being baked, you can re-heat them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to serve. While the warm-up time for these will vary depending on your own ovens temperature, mine usually take about 5-6 minutes to crisp up again.
- Category: Breakfast