Have you ever had that deliciously cheesy baked spinach artichoke dip that's so often served at pot lucks or game nights?
It's sooooo good isn't it?
Well, I thought I would create a pizza inspired by this awesome dip!
If you're a fan of the traditional baked spinach artichoke dip, you're going to love the pizza version!
I went a little cheese crazy with this pizza…
Four awesomely melty and delicious cheeses make their home on top of this spinach artichoke pizza. 🙂
There's some mozzarella, Provolone, Parmigiano-Reggiano and a little “secret ingredient” cheese…
My goodness! Just look at that stretchy cheese!!
You're wondering what the “secret ingredient” cheese is?
Well, instead of using a traditional pizza sauce I spread some herb and garlic cream cheese on the dough before baking!
Seriously, the cream cheese sends this recipe shooting to the stars. It's sooo good and really ties together all the ingredients. 🙂
In addition to all the irresistible cheese, you've got some delicious marinated artichoke hearts, spinach cooked in garlic and some red pepper slices.
This recipe turned out so good that my 3 year old son Donnie went nuts over it. He just couldn't get enough!
Most of the time when I serve him pizza it's just with the traditional pepperoni, cheese and red sauce – so this was something different for him to try!
He's now calling this “fancy pizza”. LOL What a sweet heart!
Donnie's right though! This pizza does look super fancy – but it's sooo easy to make! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe at home with your family!
I'd love to hear from you so please let me know in the comments section below the recipe if you've tried it! 😀
PS. You're welcome to go even more cheese crazy than I did! The more cheese the better! 😀
Four Cheese Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: One 12" - 15" pizza 1x
- 1 Pizza dough (you can use my recipe here)
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 – 5 slices of Provolone cheese (the ones I used were about 5″ wide)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 tbsp herb and garlic flavored cream cheese (I used Philadelphia brand) – room temperature
- 1/2 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spray a 12″ or 15″ pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the pan evenly with cornmeal.
- Roll out your pizza dough and place into the pizza pan.Using a fork, dock or poke the pizza dough all over the surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the surface of the dough.
- Place the dough in a warm place to rise while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a frying pan heat the remaining olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir. Cook for about 1 minute then add the spinach to the pan. Add a pinch of salt.
- Using heat proof tongs, move the spinach around the pan to cook. Once the spinach has wilted and is softened (and coated in oil/garlic) remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the back of a spoon or a spatula, spread 5 tbsps of the herb and garlic cream cheese on the surface of the pizza dough. To make the cream cheese more spreadable you may want to heat it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- On top of the cream cheese, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- On top of this, arrange 3/4 of the spinach on the pizza.
- Next, arrange 3/4 of the artichoke hearts on the pizza.
- Now, take your slices of Provolone cheese and spread the remaining cheese on one side of each.
- Place the Provolone slices, cream cheese side down on top of the pizza.
- On top of this, arrange the remaining artichokes and spinach.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the red pepper slices on top of the cheese around the pizza.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Place the pizza in the oven to bake for 20 – 25 minutes. The top should bubble a little and get a little bit of a golden color when ready.
- Cut into slices and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main