- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup broth (can be vegetable, chicken or beef)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a large mason jar and shake well.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour before using. If you’re really, really crunched for time it’s ok to use the sauce right away – allowing the sauce to chill does allow the flavours to combine and become even yummier – either way it’s yummy!
- Use to flavor your next stir fry – goes great with any meat and veg combo!
Here’s How I do Stir Fry:
- In a wok or large frying pan, begin cooking your protein (meat or whatever you like!) in a little oil. Add a little (or a lot) stir fry sauce to flavour. Stir and toss until cooked. Remove the meat or protein from the pan/wok and set aside.
- In the pan add a little more stir fry sauce and cook your onion, garlic, ginger (if you’re using them – whatever you prefer!). I cook these first when doing a stir fry since it amps up the flavors and you don’t end up over cooking your other veggies. Cook onions/garlic/ginger until they’re fragrant and softened – like 5 minutes or so.
- Add some more stir fry sauce (again use as much as you like) to the pan and add your veggies. Stir around the veggies until they’re cooked through. Your sauce should thicken up a bit.
- Add the meat/protein back to the pan and stir around.
- Serve on top of rice or with noodles – it’s up to you! 😀
If you’d like the sauce to thicken up a bit more, you can add a little more cornstarch to the recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired