- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (you can adjust this to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes until softened,
- Add the curry powder, salt and garam masala to the pan and still well to coat the onions.
- Add the peas to the pan and cook for a couple minutes so that they are coated in the seasonings.
- Turn down the heat to LOW.
- Add the water to the pan and stir so that the seasonings and all are wet.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine with the seasonings.
- Add the chopped cilantro to the pan, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve as a side to go along with whatever other yummy dish you’re having! 😀
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side