- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs (I use Italian style bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Canola oil to fry the cutlets, enough to fill large frying pan up to 1″
- Begin by patting the chicken breasts dry using paper towel.
- Place each chicken breast in a. large zip lock bag and pound it flat (about 1/4″ thick) using a rolling pin or cooking mallet.
- Set the chicken on a large plate or chopping board and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a wide dish (such as a pie plate), combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.
- One at a time, dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that all surfaces are covered so none of the chicken inside is showing. Once you bread each piece of chicken, make sure to pat any of the leftover crumbs from the dish into any spots missing crumbs. Set aside each cutlet on a plate until ready to fry.
- In a large frying pan, heat the canola oil to 375°F. Drop 2 cutlets into the pan to fry, giving them plenty of space to do their thing. Fry for about 5 minutes, then flip the cutlet over using tongs to do the other side for another 5 minutes. Do this with each cutlet.
- Place each cutlet to drain on top of a wire cooling rack over a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Serve with whatever you like but I must say these make for some amazing chicken burgers!
- Category: Main
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American/Canadian