- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp red chili paste
- chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients except lime juice. Use a whisk to combine.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and use a whisk to combine.
- Put the sauce into individual small dipping bowls and serve with Chicken Satay Skewers, spring rolls, etc. Sprinkle the peanut sauce with chopped peanuts for garnish if desired.
You can store the leftover peanut sauce in the fridge for a few days after making this. You may notice that the sauce begins to separate when in storage – this is normal. The fat from the coconut milk in the recipe tends to rise to the top. Just heat up the sauce again and give it a good stir before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai