This pasta salad is perfect for potlucks and summer parties! It's easy to make, and it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, the feta cheese makes it extra creamy and delicious. Give this recipe a try today!
I just love a good pasta salad, don't you?
Give me a giant bowl of any variety of pasta salad and I'll gladly dig right in.
If you give me a bowl of pasta salad with FETA cheese as an ingredient – oh my goodness – I'll love you forever! 😉
In today's post, I share with you one of my greatest loves… creamy Greek pasta salad with feta!
This pasta salad makes for a super tasty, quick and easy side dish that's especially welcome when the weather starts to warm up.
Speaking of the weather… do you hear those birds chirping outside yet?
We're just starting to see the first signs of spring here in Toronto and boy am I ever glad! The weather here has been so strange this spring – hot, cold, hot, cold… ugh… enough already… I want a happy medium! lol
But regardless of the weather – hot or cold – I'd dig into a bowl of this pasta salad any day! 😀
It's loaded with crunchy fresh cucumbers, plump little cherry tomatoes and fresh dill… mmmMM… oh and don't forget about the creamy feta dressing!
Once everything is combined, make sure you place it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes so the flavours have a chance to mingle. (If you can stand to wait! 😉 )
Another great thing about pasta salads is how customizable they are – you can add different chopped veggies according to what you like for something new.
For this recipe I used sliced black olives since that's what I had on hand, but you can use Kalamata olives instead for more of an authentic Greek taste if you like. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy! 😀
Creamy Greek Pasta Salad with Feta
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings – enough for a small crowd/leftovers 1x
- 1 lb (450g) bowtie/farfelle pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, slice in half lengthwise and scrape out and discard the seeds, then chop (you can remove the skin if you like but I like to leave it on)
- 1 can (375ml) sliced black olives, drained and rinced (this works out to about 1 1/2 cups) Note: You can also use Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 7 oz (200g) feta cheese, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps liquid reserved from the feta cheese container
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use the real kind – I use Hellmann's)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsps fresh dill, chopped (use more if you like!)
- Pinch of black pepper (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, feta, reserved liquid, dill and pepper. You want to get an almost smooth consistency – little chunks of feta are ok though! 🙂
- Add cherry tomatoes, black olives, cucumber and cooked pasta. Using a big spatula, combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side