- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 (14 oz) cans of creamed corn (if you have homemade use 1 2/3 cup)
- Optional but nice: 2 tbsps melted butter, to spread on top after baking
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9″x13″ glass baking dish using cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients using a whisk (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt).
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl (eggs, yogurt, oil, creamed corn).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and spread evenly using your mixing spoon.
- Place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick to test its doneness – when the toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle, it’s ready.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the cornbread (this is optional but really nice!)
- Allow the cornbread to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian