Brrrr… it sure is chilly here in Toronto right now!
Snow is on the ground, the wind is blowing… and I just want to curl up and in a fluffy blanket with my son and keep as cozy as possible. 😀
For those times when you're feeling the chill of the cold weather, or you just want to get a little extra cozy like I do, my recipe for Chunky Chicken and Corn Chowder is really going to hit the spot! 😀
If you enjoy a nice comforting hot bowl of creamy chowder, you're going to LOVE this recipe!
This tasty chowder is loaded with hefty chunks of juicy chicken, corn, potatoes, bacon and other veggies. Grabbing a bowl of this stuff will have you feeling super cozy and your tummy (and taste buds) crazy happy!
This is one recipe I'm confident you'll be making again and again. 🙂
Besides this being a super delicious recipe, the ingredients are also very basic so you may even have everything already on hand!
If you've been following me online for a while now, you might noticed that I have a growing love for food photography.
While I'm still learning how to make delicious food look just as tasty in photos as they do in real life, I must say… the photos for this recipe turned out pretty darn good, don't you think? 🙂
Learning to take awesome photos of the recipes I create helps me to share with you the delicious moments I have in the kitchen – just as if you were right there with me.
It's my hope that by sharing with you my recipes and photos, you'll be inspired to make them at home too! 🙂
Now, my friend – grab your fluffy blanket and go get cozy! (After you make this tasty chowder, that is!) 😉
Other Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- 1 lb smoked bacon, chopped, cooked crisp and set aside on paper towel (while preparing the rest of the recipe)
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks (this works out to about 4 cups of chicken)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Into the butter, add the celery, carrots and onions. Add pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add corn, potatoes and chopped garlic, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and into the pot sprinkle the flour, cumin, garlic powder, paprika and white pepper. Stir so that the seasonings and flour touch everything. Cook this for about 2 minutes while stirring gently.
- To the pot, add the chicken stock and creamed corn. Bring to a boil.
- Once it has been brought to a boil, reduce the heat and add the creamed corn.
- Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then sprinkle in the cheese and use a whisk to combine.
- Add the bacon and cooked chicken – simmer 5 minutes.
- Do a little taste test – add a little more white pepper if desired.
- Serve garnished with green onions and additional bacon if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins