With the cold weather rolling in, I’ve been thinking about how much I miss summertime. I’m sorry for complaining and I know I’ve mentioned it before, but summer just went by waaaay too quick. I’m still not over it and haven’t accepted that Christmas is just around the corner.
It just can’t be… no way… I still have so much to do!! How about you?
I’ve made some super tasty Chocolate Chip S’mores cookies to help me deal. Summer is still many many months away so these cookies will have to do in the mean time. 🙂
S’mores cookies just scream summertime so they do quite nicely!
This chewy and moist cookie is made using honey graham cracker crumbs and completely loaded with chocolate chips. Mini marshmallows are added to the tops of the cookies at the end of baking which makes them just perfect!
One of the things that makes these cookies so perfect is that the dough is chilled in the fridge before being laid out on the cookie sheet to bake. The chilled dough makes these cookies so chewy and just YUM!
I would highly recommend sampling some of these cookies while they’re still warm.
Almost nothing is better than melty chocolate and marshmallow!
- 1 1/2 cups honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (set aside 1/4 of them)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter with the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add the vanilla and eggs – continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients using a whisk (flour, baking soda, salt, and graham cracker crumbs).
- While still using the electric mixer, combine the dry ingredients about 1/4 cup at a time with the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix in 1 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips an on low.
- Chill the cookie dough mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Form the dough into balls roughly the size of golf balls.
- Place 8 balls evenly spaced onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of baking, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and sprinkle the cookies with reserved chocolate chips and the marshmallows.
- Place the cookies back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Once the first batch are done, then you can place the next prepared cookie sheet can into the oven to bake. See note below.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.
It's important to avoid crowding the cookie sheet so that the cookies don't all become 1 giant cookie. It's a good idea to have 2 cookie sheets on hand so you can get one batch ready while the other ones bake.
It's important that the marshmallows are only added to the cookies in the last few minutes of baking, otherwise they will melt completely into the cookie and almost disappear!
- Category: Dessert
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below!