- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp taco seasoning (you can use more if you want to!)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (plus more to taste if you like)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsps All purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
- 3 – 4 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef on medium meat in a large skillet.
- Drain any fat from the beef.
- Add taco seasoning, cayenne, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and onions. Cook for about 8 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the contents of the pan. Stir everything well so that the flour has dissolved and there are no little lumps. The flour helps thicken up the sauce as it cooks.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add macaroni pasta to the pan and stir.
- Increase the heat to bring the contents of the skillet to a boil. Stir.
- Once the contents have come to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to LOW and simmer for about 20 -25 minutes or until pasta has cooked. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the shredded cheese into the pan and combine.
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if you like! 🙂
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American/Canadian