- 11 slices bacon (I used maple flavor but you can try other flavours too!)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce – use any kind you like but I find it tastes best when you use something bold and smokey, like this one. 🙂
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning – Try my recipe fo homemade Cajun seasoning!
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb of Colossal Shrimp (about 11 shrimps) – get the biggest ones you can find! If frozen, thaw before starting.
Equipment/Stuff you’ll need:
- large cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil
- wire baking rack placed on top of the cookie sheet
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel and devein the shrimps but leave the tails on.
- In a bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Drop the shrimp in the bowl and coat each shrimp with the seasoning mixture.
- Tightly wrap a slice of bacon around each shrimp, leaving a bit of the tail exposed. Secure with a toothpick.
- Using 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce, brush each bacon wrapped shrimp so that everything is coated.
- Place each shrimp on the wire baking rack on the cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and allow to cook 16 – 20 minutes. Flip them half way through and brush each side with the remaining BBQ sauce. Keep an eye on them as they cook – you can pull them out when you see the bacon crisp up.
- Once they’re done cooking, you can brush them with more BBQ sauce if you like!
- Serve as an appetizer or even with dinner! Shrimp it up! 😀
If you’d like, you can also set the oven to broil in the last couple minutes of cooking. This crisps up things a bit and makes the barbecue sauce nice and sticky. 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven baked