A few Tips for making Ultimate Muffins:
Before we get to the recipe at the bottom of the post, please take a look at these tips!
- When you combine the wet and the dry ingredients DON'T overdo it with the stirring. When you combine the wet with the dry ingredients you want to gently mix everything until just combined. Once the dry ingredients disappear into the wet – stop. Being too vigorous with your mixing will make it difficult for the muffins to rise properly and they will become too dense and puck like.
- If you're looking for a nice puffed up muffin top make sure that you pay close attention to the adjustment to the heating temperatures during the baking process. I use a higher temperature at the beginning of the baking process and this ensures that those lovely tops puff up just right. Keep in mind that your oven's internal temperature may vary from mine so keep an eye on them.
For more tips on making the perfect muffins, check out my post 7 Tips for Preventing the Dreaded “Muffins of Disappointment”. 🙂
Now, are you ready to make the best chocolate chip muffins you ever tasted?!
Find out exactly how I make this in the recipe below. 🙂
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! 🙂
Recommended Tools for this Recipe:
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional - 1 tbsp coarse sugar - the clear kind that's used for decorating confections,etc
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Using cooking spray coat the muffin pan. Make sure that the whole top is covered, not just the part that the batter goes into.
- Place paper muffin/cupcake liners into the muffin pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a whisk so that everything is well combined. Stir in 1¾ cups of the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients, making sure the eggs are well incorporated as well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. IMPORTANT: If you stir too much the muffins will become too dense and more like a puck. You want the muffins to be fluffy and moist just stir everything until the dry ingredients just combine with everything.
- Scoop out the batter evenly into each section of the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the remaining chocolate chips and the coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at 425°F then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for 15-20 min.
- Once the muffins are finished baking cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes.