Have you ever wondered how they make that amazingly delicious Beef and Broccoli in the restaurants?
I've got you covered, because in this post, I'll tell you exactly how you can make this wickedly awesome and classic take out dish at home. 🙂
Not only is it less expensive to make beef and broccoli at home, it's sooooo easy!!
I'm not kidding! You can make this at home in a jiffy – I guarantee it!
This is all there is to it:
- Slice your beef into strips and marinate it for a bit in it's special sauce
- Cook the broccoli
- Cook the meat
- Put the 2 together!
Yup, that's pretty much all there is to it… besides gobbling it all up because it's so good!
One of the great things about this dish is that you can prepare the sauce and beef ahead of time and put it in the freezer until you're ready to make it!
Just put it in the fridge to thaw the night before you plan to make the dish. You could even make several bags of this and portion them out so you can have them ready when that beef and broccoli craving hits! 🙂
- 3 - 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into thin, wide strips (about ⅛" thick and 1" wide are good - length is up to you)
- ½" piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup oyster sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Using a whisk, combine ingredients for the sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the beef to the bowl and cover with the sauce.
- Put this in the fridge for at least 40 minutes so the meat will soak in all the flavor.
- In a large wok, heat the oil on medium.
- Add the garlic and ginger and heat for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the broccoli to the wok and toss with the oil, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 8 minutes - stirring a few times.
- Once the broccoli is just cooked, remove from the wok and put into a large mixing bowl (I use a big metal bowl)
- Add the marinated beef and sauce to the wok and cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked through, add the broccoli to the wok again, stir to combine everything and turn the heat down.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes so the broccoli will soak in some of the sauce. Try not too cook it more than necessary though since you don't want the broccoli to become too soft.
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and enjoy!
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂