It’s been a while since I’ve posted a truly decadent dessert so I thought I’d start the week off with something special.
These are brownies – not just any kind of brownie though – they’re fudgy Oreo brownies with homemade Oreo cream frosting!
Cookies and cream, and Oreo cookies are a favorite treat in this house. Sometimes life calls for a little something more than just a cookie and that’s when these brownies come in.
The brownie itself is partly made from crushed Oreo cookies! Mixed with the other ingredients, this makes for a deliciously chocolaty and fudgy brownie that just sooo hard to resist.
You see that frosting right there?
Well, that’s homemade Oreo cream!
The frosting tastes as close to real Oreo cream as I could possibly make it. The cream in the cookie really is the best part right?
This is a pretty sinful brownie but it makes for an excellent treat for when you need it. Yes, sometimes we all NEED a treat! 🙂
The combination of homemade Oreo cream frosting with the brownie bottom makes this almost like a thick and fudgy cookie. It’s perfect for a cookies and cream or Oreo cookie lover.
No, it’s like a soul mate… seriously, a soul mate.
If you never thought you could fall madly in love with an Oreo brownie, this will make you think different.
I’m so proud of creating this recipe because it turned out soooo amazing!
I hope you enjoy them as well!
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 15 Oreo cookies, processed finely in a food processor
Oreo Cream Frosting Ingredients
- ½ stick of butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cup confectioners sugar (aka powdered sugar)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 Oreo cookies, roughly crushed (use a zip top bag and rolling pin)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 8"x8" square baking pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should be cut into a rectangle so that some of it extends about an inch out of the pan. This will make your handles for easily lifting the brownies out! 🙂
- Melt the chocolate and butter and combine well. You can use the double boiler technique, but I find it easier to just heat it in a glass measuring cup in the microwave. Heat it in 30 second increments and stir.
- Once the chocolate and the butter have melted together allow to cool for a few minutes, then add the sugar, vanilla and eggs. Use a whisk so the eggs are well incorporated.
- In a medium sized bowl Combine the processed Oreo cookies and the all purpose flour.
- To the mixing bowl add the chocolatey butter mixture. Combine well with a mixing spoon.
- Once the batter is well combined, pour the batter into the baking pan (lined with parchment paper) and spread it out evenly using a spatula.
- Bake this in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once the brownie is finished baking, allow to cool while still in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- After this, you can carefully lift the brownie out of the pan and allow to reach room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, evenly frost with the Oreo cream and sprinkle with the roughly crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour to allow for easier slicing.
- Remove from the fridge at least 10 minutes before serving. Slice into 9 even squares.
How to make the frosting
- While the brownie is baking, cream together the butter and the vegetable shortening using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla.
- While mixing add the confectioner's sugar about ¼ of a cup at a time until well combined.
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂