Better than Restaurant Creamy Cashew Chicken Curry
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely (or use food processor – don’t puree though)
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 ½ tbsps curry powder
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup of butter, unsalted
- 2 ½ lbs, chicken thighs, bone in, skin removed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (plus some more for garnish)
- ½ cup ground cashews (just take the whole cashews and grind them in a food processor)
- 1 cup NEW Silk Creamy Cashew
- Melt butter in large skillet on Medium High Heat.
- Add garlic, onions and ginger. Cook for a few minutes, stirring until just softened.
- Add spices (curry powder, garam masala, cumin, cayenne pepper) and salt. Stir around making sure that it’s well combined. Cook for a few minutes until spices become fragrant – about 2 min.
- Add the chicken and coat with the spices. Cook the chicken on all sides until no longer pink on the outside and absorbing some of the spices.
- Add diced tomatoes (including the juice) and the cilantro. Stir well until combined.
- Turn up the heat until everything starts to bubble then reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 1 hour, occasionally stirring.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking add the ground cashews and the Silk Creamy Cashew milk. Combine well.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice or naan bread and garnish with additional cilantro if desired.