- 1 cup 2 tbsp butter, no salt, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsps molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup and 2 1/2 tbsps flour
- 1 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup and 2 1/2 tbsps old fashioned or large flake oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and molasses and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients except pecans and oats. Use a sifter or whisk to combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine well.
- Pour in the pecans and oats. Combine.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 25-30 min.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silicon baking liner) spoon out dough in roughly 1 tbsp amounts. Try to leave at least 1″ to 1.5″ space between each lump.
- Put the cookies in the oven for 11-12 minutes.
- Once you take the cookies out of the oven leave them on the baking sheet for abut 3 minutes before letting them cool on wire rack.
You most likely won’t be able to put all the cookies on one baking sheet so you’ll have to do several batches