- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups large flake oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream together both sugars with the butter.
- Add vanilla and beat in one egg at a time until smooth and combined.
- Stir in peanut butter and make sure it’s mixed well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats. I use a whisk to combine this so everything is mixed well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet about 1/2 cup at a time to make sure it’s well combined.
- Onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spoon out the dough in scoops of about the size of a rounded tablespoon. Make sure that each are about 2″ apart on the cookie sheet. I’m able to fit about 12 on each cookie sheet. Don’t overcrowd the cookie sheet or you might end up having a giant cookie!
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before placing them onto a wire cooling rack.