- ½ cup of pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps of butter, melted
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Additional slices of jalapeno, for garnish
Serve with any of the following:
- Toasted slices of baguette
- Large tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand combine well: sour cream, garlic, onion, chopped jalapenos, cayenne, salt, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Jack cheese with ½ cup of the mozzarella.
- Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray (I used a 1 quart baking dish similar to this one).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into the dish, then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter with the Panko bread crumbs. (If you’d like you can also add a little pinch of cayenne pepper to this). Sprinkle the Panko bread crumb and butter mixture on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- On top of the Panko bread crumbs garnish with a few additional slices of pickle jalapeno peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, uncovered until the top is golden.
- Serve warm with large tortilla chips or slices of toasted baguette.
For a shortcut, you can make this recipe using a food processor! To do this, first pulse the onion, garlic and jalapeños until finely chopped. Next add the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and cayenne. Mix on high until everything is well combined. Next, add the shredded mozzarella, jack cheese and cheddar – combine these using a mixing spoon by hand – don’t process the shredded cheese as it will break up the pieces too small. Once the dip is combined, follow the rest of the recipe as usual.
For this recipe, you can change up the amounts of shredded cheese! I usually don’t measure my cheese and just put a nice thick layer on top!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American/Canadian