- 1/2 cup of pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 cup plain cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Additional slices of jalapeno, for garnish
Serve with any of the following:
- Toasted slices of baguette
- Large tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand with the spoon combine sour cream, garlic, onion, chopped jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Jack cheese with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and the salt and combine.
- Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray (I used a 1 quart baking dish similar to this one).
- Spread the cheese mixture into the dish and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter with the Panko bread crumbs. (If you’d like you can also add a little pinch of cayenne pepper to this).
- Sprinkle the Panko bread crumb mixture on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- On top of the Panko bread crumbs garnish with a few additional slices of pickle jalapeno peppers.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 to 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Once ready the top should be golden.
- Serve warm with large tortilla chips or slices of toasted baguette.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Appetizer