- 1 loaf bread – day old is best
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps melted butter
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes and drop into a large mixing bowl. (You can also tear apart the bread rather than cut)
- Pour melted butter over the cubes and toss using a large spoon (or your hands – which is what I do!). Make sure all the cubes have some butter on them.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the cubes and toss again. Make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed so each crouton gets some yummyness!
- Spread the croutons evenly over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Don’t worry if they seem crowded since they’ll shrink a bit while baking.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden. To get even crispness, make sure to stir around the croutons about 1/2 way through baking AND once more in the last 10 minutes in the oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Use as a topping for salads, soups or anything else that needs a little yummy crunch!
- Method: Oven