- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- thinly sliced lemon wheels, for garnish if desired
- sliced strawberries, for garnish if desired
- Combine lemon juice, water and sugar in a large pitcher.
- Using a food processor, process the strawberries until smooth.
- Pour the processed strawberries into a fine mesh sieve over a large enough measuring cup (I use a 4 cup liquid measure cup just in case!)
- Using a rubber spatula, push the strawberry liquid into the measuring cup below.
- Continue to push the strawberries through the sieve until all you are left with are the seeds and maybe a little pulp in the sieve.
- Discard the seeds from the strawberries.
- Take the liquid from the strawberries and combine it well with the lemonade mixture.
- Add sliced strawberries and thinly sliced lemon wheels to the pitcher for garnish if desired.
- You can drink this right away, but I find that it tastes even better if you let it chill in the fridge for at least and hour.
Feel free to adjust the amounts of lemon, sugar and strawberries to suit your tastes.
- Category: Beverage