- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of honey
- 2 cups of desired nuts, seeds, etc. (I used a mix of peanuts, cashews, whole almonds, and sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated coconut chunks OR unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine nuts, seeds, brown sugar and rolled oats. Add the coconut to this now if you plan on using it.
- Sprinkle the mixture with vanilla.
- Pour the honey into the mixing bowl and combine until everything is coated.
- Tip You might fin it easier to stir the honey with a silicone spatula coated with vegetable oil.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. IMPORTANT Make sure that you break up the granola and stir it around half way through baking so that it evenly bakes.
- Once ready to come out of the oven, lay the baking sheet on top of a cooking rack to allow it to cool faster. Give it another stir and allow to cool to room temperature.
- The granola should harden a bit more as it cools.
- If you are adding raisins and the chocolate chips, you can combine them with the granola now.
- Pour the granola into a large container for storage. It should keep for 2-3 weeks.