Hasselback Potato Ingredients
- 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground black pepper
Hasselback Potato Toppings
- ½ cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup cooked chopped bacon OR precooked bacon bits
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Sour cream, on the side as needed
- Other toppings to try:
- chopped chives
- chopped green onions
- pickled jalapeños
- Preheat the over to 450°F. Spread a little cooking oil on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Set a potato on the cutting board between two chopsticks (or wooden spoons) and cut it into 1/8-inch or thinner, sized slices. As you cut, the chopsticks will prevent you from cutting all the way through the potato. Do this with each of the potatoes.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Brush this mixture over the potatoes and take care to get a bit between each slice.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are softened, tender and browned.
- Immediately upon coming out of the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese (while they’re hot so the cheese melts!), bacon bits, then chopped parsley.
- Serve with sour cream and additional toppings as desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake in Oven
- Cuisine: Swedish