- 2 lbs bok choy, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Heat peanut oil in wok at medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to the wok and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Combine other ingredients in a measuring cup, except for the bok choy and sesame oil. Whisk everything together so there are no lumps.
- Add the bok choy to the wok and stir it around so hat garlic and ginger coats it well.
- Once the bok choy begins to soften slightly, add the contents of the measuring and stir around so it coats everything well.
- After about 5 minutes or so the bok choy should be ready.
- Add sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.