- 2 lbs prepared meatballs (You can use my basic meatballs recipe – it’s perfect for this!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (28 oz each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (5.5 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Package of spaghetti or pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- If using my basic meatballs recipe for this, prepare them according the the instructions in the recipe. Remove from the pan and set aside. See my note below for a few more details.
- On medium heat, cook the diced onions in the skillet until they become translucent – about 5 minutes. (Note: you’ll need a little cooking oil in the pan if you didn’t also use this pan for cooking the meatballs first.)
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the meatballs and gently coat them with the sauce.
- Simmer for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.
- Serve on top of freshly cooked pasta such as spaghetti.
If using pre-cooked frozen meatballs, make sure they are mostly thawed before adding to the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main