- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp taco seasoning (You can always use more if you like!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup chunky salsa (whatever spice level you prefer)
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth (or water)
- 14 oz bow tie/farfelle pasta (you can also use macaroni noodles, pasta shells, etc)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped green onions
- chopped cilantro
- pickled jalapeño slices or other hot peppers
- sour cream
- diced or chopped tomatoes
- chopped bell peppers
- sliced avocados
- black olives
- corn chips, crumbled tortilla chips, etc
- hot sauce
- lime juice
- Cook your pasta according to package directions (al dente), drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain any excess fat.
- Add diced onions, garlic powder, taco seasoning, corn, salsa, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer and let the liquid reduce a bit. About 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid has reduced a bit add the cooked pasta. Mix everything up until well combined.
- Take the skillet off the heat and put a lid on. Allow to sit for about 5 min before serving.
- Serve with your favorite toppings (green onions, cilantro, shredded cheese, jalapeño slices, etc).
Alternative Cooking Methods:
I find that the stove top method above produces the best results; however, if you’d like to use a different method, I’ve included the instructions below.
Slow Cooker – Start by browning the ground beef in a skillet or large pan and draining any excess fat. Add diced onions, salsa, tomato paste, taco seasoning, garlic powder, corn and beef broth. Transfer the beef mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours. Then add cooked pasta, lid the slow cooker and cook another 15 minutes until pasta is done. Serve with shredded cheese sprinkled and other desired toppings.
Instant Pot – To make Beef Taco Pasta in an Instant Pot, start by setting the pot to the “saute” function. Add ground beef, diced onions, garlic powder, and taco seasoning. Saute until ground beef is browned before adding salsa, tomato paste, corn, beef broth, and pasta. Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When done, quick release and serve with your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
NOTE: I prefer cooking the pasta separately than adding to the sauce, but to make this truly a one dish meal, you can cook the pasta in the sauce if you like. To use this method, add your pasta to the sauce towards the end of cooking for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main
- Method: Skillet/Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired