- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed – varying sizes of chunks are good
- 1 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled – make sure it’s crisp but not overcooked
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 dill pickles, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Boil the chunks of potatoes until they are cooked and are soft. Remove them from the pot and place into a large mixing bowl. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a separate mixing bowl using a whisk.
- Once potato chunks have cooled for a few minutes, add the mayonnaise mixture and gently stir everything together so that all the potatoes are coated. It’s ok if some of the potatoes break up a bit but you want to still have some big chunks.
- Once the potatoes are coated, place the mixing bowl (covered) into the fridge to chill overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, give the salad a gentle stir.
When you combine the dressing with the potatoes, you don’t have to wait for the potatoes to completely cool. Just wait about 10 minutes or even less. I find that if I combine the dressing while to potatoes are still warm it becomes nice and creamy while still having chunks. 🙂
- Category: Side