- 1 green cabbage, medium sized and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienned strips
- 1/4 cup red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard (this is the kind with the seeds in it – you can substitute regular Dijon if you choose, but you may want to use a little less.)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Use a whisk to ensure everything is well combined.
- Into the bowl, combine and toss the dressing with the cabbage, carrots and red onion until everything is evenly coated
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Please note that when you mix this up in the beginning it may seem like there isn’t enough dressing – this is an illusion! lol As the coleslaw chills in the fridge the cabbage and veggies will release come of the moisture and become one with the dressing. The little bit of salt and cider vinegar in the recipe helps draw out the moisture.