Brownie Layer Ingredients:
- 4.5 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Ganache Topping Ingredients:
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
Peanut Butter Swirl Ingredients:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4–5 tbsps heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 9″x13″ rectangle metal baking pan and line it with parchment paper. This will help you remove the brownies when they’re ready.
Make the Brownie batter:
- In a heat proof mixing bowl, melt the chocolate with the butter. You can do this in the microwave by heating 30-40 seconds, then stirring, then repeating until it’s melted. Stir to combine the chocolate and butter. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour and cocoa powder and combine using a whisk.
Make the Peanut Butter Swirl Mixture:
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until smooth. The mixture should be slightly glossy when ready. Keep warm on low and set aside the mixture until needed.
Make the Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- In a heat proof bowl, melt the chocolate with the heavy cream. You can do this in the microwave by heating 30-40 seconds, then stirring, then repeating until it’s melted. Stir to combine the chocolate and cream until smooth. Keep slightly warm until ready to pour over the brownie bottom.
To assemble the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies:
- To the prepared baking pan, spread the chocolate brownie batter evenly in the pan using spatula.
- Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and place the pan on top of a wire rack.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before pouring the ganache in the next step.
- Pour the warm chocolate ganache topping over the brownie bottom and spread it so it’s smooth.
- On top of this, using a small spoon, drop dollops of the peanut butter swirl mixture over top of the chocolate ganache.
- Next, we’re going to make swirls on top! Using a toothpick or skewer, pull the dollops of peanut butter mixture around, making decorative swirls. Be gentle and try to avoid over mixing the peanut butter into the chocolate topping – overmixing will make you lose those pretty swirls!
- Allow the brownies to come to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Once ready to serve, gently lift the brownies out of the baking pan by holding the sides of the parchment paper – it should slide right out. Now, using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into 24 rectangles.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking