- 7 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Into a large saucepan, put the blueberries and all ingredients except for the lemon juice.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and mash together the berries and other ingredients using a potato masher. Make sure that the cornstarch is no longer lumpy. It’s ok if there are chunks of berries or whole berries.
- While on medium heat continuously stir the contents of the saucepan until the blueberry pie filling begins to thicken up.
- Set the heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, add the lemon juice and stir together.
- At this point you can either make a blueberry pie right away, or store the filling in jars until you’re ready to use it.
- Category: Dessert